Embrace the Feminine via The Ocean: A MeditationJune 7, 2019
How Sunlight Impacts Your MoodJune 11, 2019
Sometimes we get so caught up in the nitty-gritty that it becomes easy to forget we live on a fascinating, life-giving planet that is surrounded by other planets in space. The galaxy is incomprehensibly vast and our solar system sits at one remote corner of it. We think of Mother Earth as a feminine energy, as she provides life. The Earth is constantly spinning on its axis and rotating around the sun, our galaxy’s source of vitality and energy. This simple and imagination-inducing meditation is all about connecting yourself with something larger than you and situating yourself within the greater universe. If you feel isolated, stuck in the everyday details, alone in the world, or simply “off”, this meditation can take the edge off, as it will remind you that you are part of an interconnected whole and the universe is not a series of separate parts, but one interconnected whole. Practice this meditation for two minutes to feel refreshed, or up to thirty minutes for a complete reset. Eventually, you’ll begin to realize that the universe is both outside and inside of you and you always have access to its intelligence. As Rumi reminds us, “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” This practice is about integrating the adage “As above, so below.”
- Begin in a comfortable seated position, breathing deeply and focusing on your inhales and exhales. Allow your mind to relax.
- Picture yourself as you are right now, seated or lying down with your eyes closed. Allow this image to settle in your mind.
- Now call to mind your surroundings including the room that you’re in, the house, your street, and your house. Continue to zoom out as you would in Google maps.
- Now imagine the towns beyond your town, the state, and all of the land surrounding your state. You’re now just a small dot on the map.
- Continue zooming out and imagine the whole world, the oceans, all of its countries, people, and cultures.
- Continue to travel farther out until you can see the earth from space. You’re floating in the galaxy and its quiet. Breathe into this space and look at the majesty of the earth, floating in the cosmos.
- Deepen your breath, return to your body, and bring your attention back to your place in the world. Return to yourself with the knowledge that you can access this higher universal energy at any moment.
RedCliff Ascent is a therapeutic wilderness program, nestled between two mountain ranges in the high desert of Enterprise, UT. We focus on adolescents ages 13-17 who are struggling with various challenges from anxiety and depression, to school abandonment and the need to reconnect with their family. With over 25 years of experience, RedCliff uses a relational model and narrative therapy to drive an outcome and an evidence-based approach. RedCliff Recovery offers an experience like no other through a proven, 12-step, adventure-based wilderness program. For more information, call us today: 801-921-8488.